The Deguio Mill Bridge on Route 202 (Gray Road), which has been closed for reconstruction since July 10, is scheduled to reopen on October 7 according to Chris Hurd, Project Resident Engineer. The bridge was dismantled and rebuilt by the state at a cost of $1.7 million.
The bridge was constructed in 1949 and crosses the Little River a short distance from the roundabout in Little Falls, a town recreation area with fields, courts, and the Little Falls Activity Center on Acorn Street.
The Route 202 road closure has impacted local residents, commuters, and summer tourists as drivers needed to seek alternate routes around the site. An estimated 5,000 cars cross the bridge daily. The replacement bridge is 28 feet wide and 130 feet in length, more than doubling the 60-foot span of the former bridge.